Monday, November 26, 2012

Thirty Days of Thanks - Day 26

Some days I'm very happy to get my workout in - I'm pumped and can't wait to get moving.  Other days, like today, I really just don't want to do it - I'm a little tired and worn out, and have a hard time talking myself into getting off my butt.  It's days like today that I'm thankful to have found a few different types of workout that I really enjoy doing, because once I do get up and just do it I feel so much better.

I know I ought to find newer ways to get moving, but step aerobics and Tae-bo with Billy Blanks are where it's at for me (hello 1990s!).  Step is probably one of the first types of workouts I realized could be fun, having done it for the first time in 8th grade gym class.  I was ecstatic when I got my step aerobics bench for Christmas a couple of years later.  Tae-bo, on the other hand, I did for the first time five years later.  However, it didn't become a favorite until I did it in the living room of 1320 Brown Street with the Honeys.  I still get a kick of out doing it with Sarah when we visit Karen in Cincinnati.  Even more fun is that little Nicole always wants to do it with us.  :-)

No comments: