Friday, November 16, 2012

Thirty Days of Thanks - Day 16

This is perhaps the silliest thing I have ever posted about, and will probably be the silliest thing I give thanks for all month, but today I am thankful for having finally found Superman underwear for big girls.  I'm not sure exactly why, but I've had this thing for Superman underwear for about eight years now.  It all started after the wedding of one of my best friends...

Karen & Jim Eutsler had probably one of the most fun and memorable weddings I've ever had the honor of being a part of or attending.  It was the excuse for my first trip back to the US after moving to Italy, for visiting my sister at Ohio State, and for the 1320 Honeys to have a reunion of sorts.  The ceremony was beautiful, the reception was a blast, and everything leading up to the day was nothing but fun.  However, it was on our way back to the hotel following the reception that started my underwear obsession.

Sarah, Lisa, Kristin, and I think Kendall, and I needed to drop into Meijer to pick up something or another, and that's when I saw them hanging there...the Superman underwear (fire-engine red with royal blue accents).  Sarah exclaimed that she already had a pair, and I had to have one, too!  I bought them, and I think Kristin bought a pair, too, and we all happily went on our way.  The next morning I we took a picture together in them...shirts, Superman underwear, and socks.  I love that picture.

Sadly, underwear only lasts so long, and a few years ago I had to part with mine.  I've been looking for a new pair ever since, and today I found them.  I may need to go back and buy a couple more pairs!



No comments: