Friday, November 23, 2012

Thirty Days of Thanks - Day 23

I've always had a tendency to be extremely organized when it comes to just about everything.  This can lead to a lack of spontaneity at times, something I know can be frustrating for others.  Nevertheless, while I don't know exactly how I got this way, today I'm very thankful to have either inherited or developed this characteristic.

Staying organized always helps to alleviate stress for me, and most of time allows me to stay focused on what I want to be doing rather than putting out fires or otherwise dealing with things at the last minute.  This evening, for example, Kristin and I talked through family Christmas gifts - the gifts from the "kids" to our mom, grandparents, and a few others.  Twenty minutes of planning will lead to quick and painless shopping, which will mean that as the holidays approach I'll be free to sing, go to parties, and spend time with people I care about instead of fighting crowds at the mall.  Tonight, since I'm feeling so organized, I think I'll kick back with a martini!

No comments: