Monday, November 12, 2012

Thirty Days of Thanks - Day 12

Today I'm thankful for something simple, and really, for something inevitable - today I'm thankful that I'm a grown up and on my own.  It may sound silly, especially since I've officially been a grown up for at least a decade.  Still I'm happy to be at this stage in life, living with just myself and my cats, and not having to answer to anyone.

Now, Oma has spent a fair amount of time worrying about me because I'm alone.  She not only lets me know every time I see her, sometimes more than once, she also tells my mother, my siblings, and probably everyone else who will listen.  I always give her the same answer - I'm a big girl, and I can take care of myself.  Yes, I'm a big girl, and I'm damned proud of it!

1 comment:

Eva said...

And your mother is proud of you too!